VR Giants is an asymmetrical local co-op vr puzzle plattformer developed by Risa Interactive.
The game allows a VR player and a screen player to play together on one PC in the same virtual world. The VR player becomes a giant and the screen player controls a tiny person. Only by working together they can solve the puzzles and regain their freedom.
VR Giants is launching on Steam Early Access on 14th of June 2023.
The giant (Goliath) can help the tiny player (David) to cross abysses or reach higher platforms by offering his body as a bridge. David is highly vulnerable to fire, spikes and other dangers so Goliath must protect David. Only David can collect coins to open gates but requires the assistance of the giant Goliath to do so. The giant Goliath is bound by a chain and thereby his movement is limited to a specific play area. David can summon Goliath to new play areas. Step by step they are progressing through the levels and rescue their lost sheep.
VR Giants sparks joy and teaches kindness and team communication in a fun and intuitive way by making use of the unique technological feature of two completely different input devices.
The first version of VR Giants was created as part of a master thesis dealing with the subject of body presence in virtual reality. The project was started in 2017 as scientific and included research and is in development to become a game since 2019. Already the first experimental version of VR Giants (back then called Goliath VR) was well received, won awards and was featured on news channels.
- 2 players: VR + PC join forces
- VR player is a giant, PC player is a tiny person
- Runs on 1 PC
- Giant can move heavy objects to build bridges for David
- David can use Goliath’s body as platform
Early Access Content
Coming to steam early access on 14th of June
- 19 Full Levels
- 3 Different giant types (Solid, Temporary, Lava)
- 4 Biomes, with different game mechanics (Ice, Desert, Volcano, Pasture)
- ~ 6 hours of fun game play
- Cosmetics for David and Goliath
Logo & Cover Art
Awards & Recognition
- “Winner of “Innovation in Games” LUDICIOUS Zurich Game Festival, Zurich 2019
- “Winner of “Best Installation” JE.F Festival, Anthwerpen, 2019
- “Nominated for: “#Experciences” Laval Virtual, Laval, 2019
- “Winner of “Best Concept” ReVersed Festival, Vienna, 2017
- “Winner of “Audience Choice SAGA Award” Button Festival, Graz, 2017
- “Wired.de named VR Giants among 10 impressive VR experiences on Gamescom 2018 – now GQ”
– Wired.de – Achim Fehrenbach , Website
- “Gamestar.de writing about VR Giants – Video Included”
– Gamestar, Website
- “GameTwo playing VR Giants at Gamescom 2019”
– Game Two, Youtube Video
- “Budi from Rocketbeans talking about VR Giants”
– Rocketbeans Budi, Youtube Video
- “IGN Video on IndieArenaBooth 2019”
– IGN – Sydnee Goodman, Youtube Video
VR Giants ist gefördert durch aws impulse XL des BMDW abgewickelt durch die aws.